Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I am alive and well

Help me out friends! Leave your thoughts in my Comments please. I am dying to know what you think about my battle with the friendship blues.

Here's the deal-

I have this friend, I met him at church.....
I have decided that he is a bit full of himself and quite narcissistic. At one point, i enjoyed spending time with him and chit chatting, but now I can't quite stomach the conversations. He has quite a narrow view on life and seems to take joy in making others feel like less. I have just decided he isn't the type of friend I want to spend too much time with anymore.

so, the question of the day is - How do you un-friend and un friendly friend?

Keep in mind, I don't want to make any enemies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda:

I think the simple fact of not spending much time with him and not extending invitations to him to hang out will should work.

Of course you could use this as an opportunity to help someone expand their views and show him how to be a better friend by being a good role mode. You could do this in small increments, like when you give him a quick greeting before church, etc.

Or if he is really terrible just avoid him at all costs. Change your contact info, change the times you attend church. LOL

Anonymous said...

Then just don't spend time with him anymore. When a situation arises when he asks you to do something, tell him you can't. If something happens where you just HAVE to do something with him, if he starts acting like a jerk, then tell him he is being a jerk! Point out his stupid, close-mindedness and tell him what you think about it, then see what he says! I couldn't hang out with someone like that!

Unknown said...

i think your best bet is to just randomly punch him in the face.

that should clue him in.


hahaha