Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mexican Pizza


Last night I made Mexican pizza for dinner with homemade quacamole and Mexican sundaes for dessert. It was all very good- I am normally not such a huge Rachel Ray fan but this time both of her recipes scored big points at our house.

The Mexican Pizza was made with two jiffy cornbread mixes and a handful of frozen corn. I mixed it according to box directions and then poured it into a hot skillet. I let the bread cook in the skillet for about 4 minutes and then threw it in the oven. I browned 1 pound of ground chicken (she used ground sirloin) and added one medium onion, lots of chili powder and lots of cumin, salt and pepper too. I then pulled out the cornbread with about 10 minutes left to cook. Added the ground chicken on top, then fresh onions, fresh bell pepper, black olives, tomatoes, and finally two cups of shredded cheddar. I returned it to the oven for 10 more minutes. Served with sour cream, quac, or taco sauce - this meal was a hit and very very filling.

Sundaes - Coffee Ice Cream, add chocolate sauce, then peanuts, then whipped cream, then more nuts with a dash of cinnamon. What makes them Mexican? Not totally sure of this but I think it has something to do with the flavor of cofee and cinnamon together. Either way - delicious!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to say that I hate Rachel Ray, but I have a good reason to!
I was making one of her recipies which called for putting your fry pan on high heat with some oil in it. "No problem", right?! "Wrong"!!! It caught on fire and filled our tiny apartment with smoke!! I was soooo pissed off (I was following the directions, after all, and I consider myself decent in the kitchen). Jim came to the rescue with baking soda and he laughed at me, which made me dislike RR even more... oh well!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.