Wednesday, July 06, 2011

on Mothering...


The past 17 months of my life have been overwhelming. Filled with joy and tears the same. Everyday that I take my 8 minute commute to my office, I think about what my child is doing at daycare and who is taking in all of his cries and his wonderful laughs. I wonder who is getting the best of him and the worst of him. I love my daycare but everyday the guilt associated with leaving my little guy with someone else gets bigger and bigger.

Recently, I have the opportunity to learn more about Waldorf education. I can only say that it seems like such a wondrous way to raise a child. I have been doing a good bit of research and while I can't exactly walk out on my financial responsibilities by quitting my job, I am hopeful that I can incorporate some of these themes and traditions into my household.

This week, Taj and I will begin to build our nature table. An old coffee table (just his size) will start us off and I plan on using the rest of the summer to fill our table with fun elements from the world around us. Here are some great examples of nature tables I am using for inspiration.

Raising Little Shoots - Nature Table

Blue Bird Baby Nature Table

Uncommon Grace

Are you interested in learning more about Waldorf inspired activites?
Check out these titles:

Heaven on Earth: A Handbook for Parents
You Are Your Child's First Teacher
The Creative Family

No comments: