Thursday, June 28, 2007

When work gets you down...

For me there is a very systematic approach to coping when work just sucks. This week I was fortunate enough to be put in some akward situations and be yelled at by a really sucky industry type. After a blow up phone call and receipt of a seven paragraph, un needed, completely verbose email from the jerk off who ripped me a new one on the phone ... I went completely mad. I was so angry I could hardly sleep.

So far my coping mechanism as involved lots of avoidance of the issue. I have moped and watched lots of television, tried to focus my energy on more progressive projects (school), prayed, read funny magazines, and played with my dogs alot. Still when i get home from work, i am still mad and find it difficult to really turn off the pissy work attitude. The akward project that is challenging my sanity will last 8 more weeks.

So what's a girl to do? As i have grown older, i have found my anger and self torment harder and harder to control. Any suggestions? Good books? A therapist?

HELP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you're doing well and that you manage to find inspiration in work again.

I've definitely been in a similar funk and end up just vegging out on the sofa, or perusing a multitude of inconsequential blogs. Until I pull myself together. My road to recovery usually begins with cleaning up my bedroom/work area so that it starts to feel like I have a fresh beginning.

Your coping sounds healthy so I hope the very best for you. Besides, the best revenge is to live well. Cheers!