Monday, September 11, 2006

These things I think you should read



I just bought a tattered paperback classic at Book Gallery West. Fireflies by Shiva Naipaul, very good so far. Am I just imagining this or do tattered old classics, have some sort of appeal that new hardbacks don't? I would feel very comfortable reading this book outside with a glass of wine and perhaps a cigarette.

Rolling Stone Issue 1007- features Christina on the cover. There is a great article regarding Kurt Vonnegut. Parts of it had me rolling, particularly the part about dick, bush and colon.
You need to read it if you are any sort of fan of the mind behind slaughterhouse five.

Don't want to commit to a book but want more then Us Weekly or your typical smut periodical? Check out "Wild Ducks Flying Backward" the short writings of Tom Robbins. The travel articles are very good and of course, entertaining.

Bob Dylan fan? Check out Rolling Stone issue 1008.

If you like the magazine Lucky, their august issue included a music edition with it. There are some great pics in there, particularly of Justin Timberlake and Scissor Sisters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

got another good one for you--Colors of the Mountain by Da Chen. It is a biography and a fast read.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for some new things to read, so I will put this on my list!! I'll read the one Raven put down too! Got anything else?!