Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Fair Trade Certified


October 2006 is Fair Trade Month. Products that are Fair Trade Certified are purchased from farmers and businesses in other countries who recieve a fair price for their labor and product. I had never heard of this until I started purchasing a few items from the whole foods market in town. You will also find that many Fair Trade products are also USDA certified organic. I am not a devout organic advocate, but I think this is a great contribution towards sustainable development. Products like coffee, tea, vanilla, sugar, rice, and cocoa can all be found fair trade certified.

My favorite is
HONEST TEA. Read their story.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

honestly,

i discovered honest tea drinks in new jersey.

they're my favorite. and not too sweet.