Monday, August 07, 2006

Curls Curls Curls



Gainesville, Florida is the most humid place on earth. (well probably not but in my little world it is as bad as can be). I have curly, curly hair. This makes for many bad hair days. I have tried everything and of course, the best products I have found to tame my mane can only be bought from my hair dresser and per month, they cost more then my high speed internet and cable tv.

For the past 15 years of my life, I have been on a personal mission to find the perfect (and cheapest) combination of shampoo/ conditioner/ styling product for my mop of hair. My stylist suggested staying a away from "waxy" shampoos and conditionters that leave a film on your scalp and going for something very basic. For me the worst ones are pantene, herbal essences, sun-silk and all the over the counter trends that promise they can ward off the frizz. The best ones- Dove, some John Frieda, and SUAVE. Yes, I said it, SUAVE. Today, I used Suave Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner and followed up with Pantene Scrunching Mousse for Curls. My hair looked better then it has in two months. The three products combined cost me $6.

Other great Curly Hair products (both were designed with climate in mind)

Paul Brown Hawaii - Stay Straight Anti Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner
Profound Arctic Atmosphere Chill - Gel / Mousse

No comments: