Friday, July 21, 2006

My last day.


I have found that there is nothing like the feeling of cleaning out your desk and packing up your belongings before you head off in another direction. Today is my last day in the office I currently call my workplace. I have made new files for my replacement and tried to clean up the dustbunnies. I have even left most of the paperclips and writing utensils for the next person. I will be honest, the actual work that I do from day to day has been like a thorn in my side for the last six months. When you find yourself close to the bottom of the food chain, you are most likely left with the remnants of what others have done, what others choose not to do, and what you might actually enjoy doing in the leftover 2% of your job description. That's my story. However, giving up the abominal, will also mean giving up the nonpareil. This office boasts the best co-workers I have absolutely ever had.

Where else will I go for short trivia games, exciting prizes, the comforting aroma of microwave popcorn, a window that lets the cool rain in, two screens, slaps on the behind, slaps in the face, getting "bum" rushed, handicap parking spot steals, a water cooler with sub par water, songs of Grandfather time, southern baptist musings, catholic rebuttals, smart label printing, printing black and white and red on a fabulous printer, PEANUTS, good coffee, good coffee maker, good coffee making people, diet pepsi in a can from nice people, free lunchtotes and stickers, moving out from under dark clouds, free lunches, two nice guys and a bunch of fussy women, and what I will miss the most... laughing so hard that I cry.

I am sinking says the American, what are you svinking says the German.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you forgot about all the times you had some one play with your hair or rub your back. How many other people can say they had that kind of perk at their last job?

Let's see how far your request to "play with my hair" gets over in FRE. Ha, ha!