Thursday, February 23, 2012

It was a VERY productive day.

So how did Day 1 go, you ask? Well, it was very productive. While contemplating my lenten sacrifice, I wanted to really give the idea of a lenten "discipline" some focus. Obviously, living without FB will be something. But what else? What good, positive, meaningful things will I take on in the absence of dear ole FB. I am blogging again, that has been good, but I decided what I really needed to focus on was to purging some things. Cleansing myself of  some of the crap that plaques me every day- some physical stuff and emotional stuff of course.

SOOOOO - My office is was attrocious. If you know me, you know I have an issue with clutter. Yes, a few more years with no intervention and you might find me on an episode of Hoarders.

So many of the items in my office serve no real purpose. They have meaning, but no purpose and so as I sat amongst stacks and stacks of papers, and lots of trinkets, I realized that I needed to clear the space and on some grander level, clear the air. It is sometimes too thick, too tense, too much! Cleansing my space of the "extra" was quite a rewarding experience and while its not paradise up in here - it is certainly peaceful and a good place to focus, especially with my Thelonius Monk playing.  I have a sweet reminder of what the Lenten season is all about close by. I have taken some of my very special items to my home and thrown much away. Was it a good day? Absolutely! 

Can I promise that my workspace will stay this way, HELL no!

Thought for the day:

"Don't own so much clutter that you will be relieved to see your house catch fire."
Wendell Berry (Farming: a hand book)







No comments: