Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where did it go?

How did that little guy grow so quickly. Celebrating my son's birthday this past weekend was bittersweet. As much as I love to see Taj grow into a booming being of curiosity, I am deeply saddened that his infancy is over. I look at him today with tear filled eyes knowing that soon enough I will be asking- where did those five years go? I don't intend to make this post purely about my son, even though it is so easy to do, but looking at my one year old - I am reminded of what I need for my life before five years escapes me.

I had the opportunity to talk with a handful of students today about reducing stress. Awww. a novel idea - reducing stress. We started the hour with a life wheel exercise which helps one become aware of the areas in life that need more attention. For me, my wheel was unbalanced. Where was I lacking? Fun and Spirituality. This year, I will restore fun. I will find a way to communicate with the God I talked to all the time as a child....
Saying so and doing so are much different, here's hoping the doing is easy.

1 comment:

Lacy Park said...

Sorry, A. You will wake up on the morning of his 5th birthday with a tear in your eye wondering where the last 5 years went. You will miss the infancy stage, but the learning, growing and curiosity will be just as good. I promise!