Friday, July 09, 2010

Ella's Organic Baby Food

Just recieved by first order from diapers.com of Ella's Organic Baby Foods.
Why did this conventional farm girl go for this expensive ORGANIC baby food?
Here is my justification.

1. I had a coupon and free shipping.
2. I was bored with the standard Gerber and Beech Nut varieties.
3. The packaging is brilliant.
4. I have not had the time yet to break out my super dee duper Beaba Baby Food Maker and after reading the reviews of this baby food, I figured it was the closest thing to fresh, homemade baby food I could find.



After using the baby food, here is my review.
Positive
1.  The baby food tastes very, very fresh - you can tell there are absolutely no additives (water, sugar, etc).
2.  The packaging is pretty awesome, no baby food on my fingers etc. Reminds me of my capri-sun days.
3.  The flavors I have tried so far taste yummy and I have not been able to find baby food in stage one that include fruits and veggies like blueberries, pumpkin, and parsnips in many other brands.
Negative
1.  When I buy a food called Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Pumpkin, and Blueberries - I expect that the first ingredient with the largest percentage would be sweet potatoes - NOT SO MUCH - it is apples. In fact, over half of the make up is apples, with sweet potatoes only being 23%.You will find that with several of their varieties, a fruit is the first ingredient. I think that is a bit misleading.
NO WONDER THEY TASTE SO GOOD!


No comments: