Friday, January 19, 2007

"It's a celebration bitches" This is my 100th post.


You can't laugh at the title, unless you watch Chappelle's Show.


In my former life, I was a cold weather chic. I loved winter (still do), in part because snow is fun and lots of pranks can be played in the snow. Mostly my fascination with winter began because of the clothing. Freezing temperatures allow for layering up.

Maybe it is because at this stage of my life, the thought of shedding layers is harrowing in itself. When you are at a size where showing sking is not an option and the hot summer weather is particularly dreadful, the concept of layering with blazers, scarves, cute jackets, and vests is somehow comforting in the cold winter months. Like a hot bowl of chili, or a steaming cup of joe, cold weather fashion has its perks.

With all of that said, it is a cool 56 degrees today in Gainesville, Fl. Now I know most of you out there are thinking, 56 degrees - that is practically planting weather! Yes, it practically is, but when the slightest breeze comes through Florida, young women everywhere break out their seasonal accessories.

This morning I saw leather jackets, cashmere scarves, Ugg boots, wool jackets, gloves, and hats. All of it was quite laughable, but at the same time inspiring.
Here are some of my favorite winter pieces.

Until 40 degrees rolls around, they are bound to my closet.....

Burnt Orange Scarf - Jones New York - TJ Maxx

Pink and Purple Tweed Coat - George - WalMart

Black Tweed Blazer - Merona - Target

Black Wool Turtleneck Sweater - TJ Maxx

Brown, Green, and Blue Thick Socks - Merona - Target

Denim Military Jacket - Style and Co. - Macy's

Chocolate Leather D&B Hobo - D&B Outlet

Black w/ Gold Hardware Saddle inspired Bag - Nine West



No comments: