Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving is good, mac and cheese is good, friends are good.


This will be my first Thanksgiving away from home. As depressing as it seems at times, I have decided to put my pity party on the back burner and focus my energy on creating a most fabulous meal for my husband and a few friends.
If you think I am going overboard, my husband agrees, but what beats the holiday blues better then homemade mac and cheese?


The Menu

Drinks
Cranapple Spritzers
Appetizers
Tomato basil baby elephant ears (Ina Garten)
The Main Event
Tomato Cucumber Salad
Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, and Parsnips with Rosemary
Corn Bread Souffle
Baked Mac & Cheese
Mashed Potatoes
Curried Mahi Mahi
Rice and Dahl
Turkey Breast with Maple, Sage, and Bacon (Tyler Florence)
Mom's Dressing
Fresh Cranberry Compote (Emeril)

Desserts
Bonnie's Pumpkin Roll
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie




2 comments:

Unknown said...

i know that pumpkin roll makes any thanksgiving, the best thanksgiving.

sounds like a great menu. you made me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Shubin love home made mac n cheese?