Tuesday, August 29, 2006

the neighborhood sheltie has made it to my black list

Look at Lucky, saddened from the attack.
I am becoming increasingly annoyed by my neighbors. Don't get me wrong, I live in a fantastically quiet, serene, neighborhood. HOWEVER, offleash dogs need to be addressed. Lucky has now been chased by an off leash sheltie twice (this includes being nipped at), 2 loose poodles that just have bad attitudes (also nippers) , 2 off leash twin corgies, and 1 mini schnauzer looking for his owner. Now this would be acceptable if the dogs merely just "get away" from their owners. That happens to me sometimes and it is no fun when your dog gets loose. That is not the case here, these dogs are intentionally left off leash because they are so "well trained" that they should obey their owner's commands under normal circumstances. With 100 dogs in the neighborhood walking at various times of the day, is it ever okay to let your pesky, overpriced, pedigree, snobby dog off leash.
I am angry ! Fiercely mad! Enraged! Downright pissed!
The worst part of all, when my neighbors with the sheltie first met Lucky earlier this year, when she barked, they responded with "you never know about those rescue shelter dogs, they are so unpredictable......." So who is with me? What are my rights as a pet owner? The next time that sheltie charges at my dog who is obeying the rules perfectly, he is going to get a swift kick in the behind....
Old people with mean dogs suck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on your side--absolutely, with that many dogs and people around, ALL dogs should be on leashes for everyone's safety and peace of mind. I can't believe it's not mandatory!

Poor lil' Lucky...

Anonymous said...

Luckily (np pun intended) you live in a community with an HOA, so at the next meeting, you need to go and bring up your concerns!! Or if they get nippy, kick then or spray them with mace! It is self defense! I had a dog, a tiny little innocent looking thing, get loose from its backyard, come barreling at me and tear into my pantleg while the owner was standing right in front of me. Take no chances!!!