Wednesday, August 23, 2006

my brain is mush

When you work at a university of almost 50,000 students, the summers will spoil you. I have come to the realization that at any given point in my life, things will never be just the way I want them. My expectations are just downright unrealistic.

For instance, the summer term is over, and at some point in the next few months, the florida heat that I hate will relent. However, at the hottest points in Gainesville, life is at it's most peaceful. The number of motorized scooters in town are halved. You can go to Walmart or Target and not have to fight for a cart or parking spot. You can walk across campus without being run over by a 19 year old on a bike. When fall comes, the swarms arrive and it will not cease until December. I shouldn't complain, the 19 year old crazies on bikes, giggling groups of sorority girls, hormone driven boys, and ambitious over achievers pay my bills.

Given all that, this week (it's only wed-wow) has turned my brain into mush. Yes- mush. (you are not alone rob). All of the buzzing, strategic plans of my route to and from work, loud students, travels to and from various campus locations, emails, phone calls, stupid people, people that are too smart for their own good, good ole boys..... ALL OF IT is beginning to rob me of what sanity I had to begin with. Maybe I am just a country girl that can't keep up with the chaos.

I am coming clean, I have perused the UF mental health webpage more then once. I think it maybe time for professional help, or altleast a good yoga class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

go for one of those massages that they offer.

and don't sweat the small stuff (everything is small stuff).


ps-i've ALWAYS hated those bikeriders on campus. hahaha...they're out to kill.