Thursday, August 03, 2006

Airstream travel trailer goes to Paris




As a kid, I spent a lot of my free time trying to find my own space. I was the last of 5 children so I frequently wondered off to a barn or the woods to try and find a place to chill out. I even remember hanging out in my parents car just to get away.

At 13 I dreamed of the one day when I would have my own apartment. I also remember having some very vague but real fascination with recreational vehicles. There was something so intriquing about having a small home you could park anywhere.

So with that said, I am in love with this vintage AirStream trailer that has been renovated into a Parisian lounge. I am not a big fan of animal prints but there is something surprisingly appropriate about it when you partner it with black. white, and aluminum. It features a full kitchen, shower, full sized bed and loads of storage.
LOVE IT. I want one .... real bad.

Designed by Barclay Butera. As seen on HGTV, Small Space Big Style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I love that trailer. It is too cute. I also always dreamed of having my own space. I was the oldest of 3 girls and was second mom to both of my siblings. I often fantasized about my own little apartment away from the house.