Monday, July 31, 2006

One fish, one frog, and the KONG

You know what I learned this weekend?
Fish and frogs make good pets but not necessarily in the same tank.
You heard it here first people (well most of you)- we have added to our family. I am now the proud owner of a Betta fish named Flash and an African Dwarf frog named Ralph S. Frog. I was told by the 2o year old kid at Petsmart that they could live together in harmony but I am finding now that my Betta not only hates other Bettas but he may hate my frog too.

Flash chases Ralphie around the tank and flares out at him. I have not noticed him nip at the frog but the the frog doesn't look happy. Damn that fish, damn that 20 year old kid at Petsmart.

One thing I will never do again- go to PetSmart on Saturday. Every rescue dog from here to Orlando was looking at me with those sad little eyes. I finally had to walk away from a dog named Barron and head to the equine section to cry. It was horrible.

One other note..
THE KONG - is the best dogtoy on the market. Keeps Lucky busy for atleast a good 30-45 minutes.

No comments: